- 25-Apr-2016 to 22-Jan-2017 (EST)
- Concord, NH, USA
- Full Time
Excellent benefits package
NHPR is seeking a Membership Director to provide thoughtful and strategic leadership to our Membership Department, which includes direct mail, on-air fundraising, and the sustainer program. The Director's goals will be focused on achieving significant membership growth. S/he employs best practice tools and techniques to convert audience to donors and provides detailed database analysis for effective decision making. We are looking for a creative and collaborative leader with a strong commitment to public media. This position reports to the Vice President, Development and Communications.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an award-winning station that delivers news, information, analysis, arts, and entertainment programming to the state and the region. New Hampshire Public Radio's mission is to help create a more informed public, one challenged and enriched by a deeper understanding and appreciation of state, national, and worldwide events, ideas and culture. We have over 19,500 member households, more than half of which are sustainers.
- Work with the Vice President, Development and Communications to develop annual Membership strategies and budgets
- Analyze and evaluate program performance and trends in order to achieve strategic fundraising objectives
- Lead the implementation of annual Membership operating plan and achieve annual goals in revenue, member acquisition and retention, sustainer growth and conversion, and moves management
- Achieve revenue growth by maximizing effectiveness and efficiency on-air, online and digital fundraising campaigns, direct mail, telemarketing, special events, and new fundraising programs
- Enhance existing programs and mine the database for membership growth opportunities
- Supervise the membership team including the data entry and analysis, customer service, and on-air fundraising staff
- Develop, monitor, and report on annual revenue and expense budget
- Work with Marketing to ensure effective messaging on multiple communication platforms, including on-air, print, and digital media
- Manage consultant and vendor contracts to meet service and performance objectives
- Develop customer service guidelines and goals and ensure that they are met
- Ensure that the highest ethical and administrative standards are applied to fundraising and financial management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of progressive membership fundraising experience
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Budget or financial management experience
- Proven track record of strategic database analysis and achieving revenue targets
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, ability to express self clearly and persuasively
- Proven success in digital fundraising strategies
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with donor databases and software. Experience using Raiser's Edge and Luminate Online preferred
- Adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!