- 25-Jul-2016 to 22-Jan-2017 (EST)
- NH, USA
- Full Time
About the Position:
New Hampshire Public Radio is seeking an innovative Marketing Director to develop, lead and implement marketing, communications and public relations strategies. He or she will work across departments at the strategic and tactical levels to help build our brand, broaden our audience and increase revenue. The ideal candidate is a collaborative leader with outstanding communication and project management skills and deep knowledge of the digital and social media landscape. This is a full-time position reporting to President and CEO.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an award-winning media company that delivers news, information, analysis, arts and entertainment programming across the state and region. We are located in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Create and implement a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations plan, establishing priorities, timeline and budget.
- Establish measures of success including audience growth (broadcast, digital and social media), contributor growth and community participation.
- Collaborate with news, programming, digital and underwriting departments to brand and promote on-air personalities, programs, series, events, resources and notable work across all platforms.
- Ensure effective articulation of our desired image and value proposition to our key audiences.
- Help develop new audiences by spearheading outreach efforts, developing and promoting events and activities in communities and across platforms.
- Editorial creation, including copy development, direction, design, production and distribution of all marketing materials such as letters, presentations, newsletters and publications (print and digital).
- Promote media interest in our work and develop relationships with target media.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing efforts and regularly report progress.
- Ensure consistent use of all print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo and brochures; update style guide as necessary.
- Keep abreast of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to ensure smooth operations of marketing activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, communications and public relations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to develop and implement marketing efforts across all communications channels.
- Demonstrated success in digital/social media and email marketing strategies; digital fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience analyzing marketing data and developing strategy based on results.
- Experience in design and production of marketing collateral and print and online materials.
- Technologically versatile and willingness to learn new skills. Proficiency in MS Office programs required and basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
- Knowledge of video and audio production preferred.
- Budget management experience.
- Enjoys working collaboratively; excellent team builder.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; journalism experience or training a plus.
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts!