About the position:
New Hampshire Public Radio is seeking a Director of Technology with strong leadership and project management skills oversee the technological operation of our facilities. He or she will be responsible for the identification, evaluation, specification, procurement, operation, maintenance and repair of information technology and broadcast systems. The Director of Technology manages a full-time staff of four technology professionals as well as independent contractors and vendors. This position reports to the Vice President, Operations and Finance.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an award-winning public media company that delivers news, information, analysis, arts and entertainment programming across the state and region. Our state of the art broadcast center is located in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Manage all aspects of technology for NHPR, including information technology, broadcast engineering and studio operations
- Work with the Senior IT Administrator, Broadcast Engineers, IT Support Specialist and other staff members to identify, evaluate and implement technology needed to support the strategic and operational goals of the organization
- Work with senior staff to establish technical standards for production, broadcast and digital distribution, and troubleshoot as necessary to ensure high quality of service
- Effectively manage multiple technology projects, establishing scope and schedule, overseeing implementation, adhering to budget and meeting objectives
- Specify, procure and implement telecommunications hardware and services to meet the telephone and computer network needs of the station
- Ensure that department staff stays abreast of trends and changes in technology
- Develop training programs for all key systems, ensuring proper operation and full utilization of technological capacity
- Develop and manage the technology department operating and capital budgets
- Develop, implement and oversee a robust preventative maintenance schedule for all systems and equipment
- Assist in developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans
- Develop, implement and oversee a timely response and remediation plan for unplanned outages
- Maintain thorough and accurate documentation of all transmission, production, distribution, telecommunications and IT equipment
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors and equipment suppliers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of information technology and/or broadcast engineering experience
- Demonstrated expertise in managing and supporting computers and network infrastructure
- Excellent management, strategic planning, budget management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively analyze, appraise, evaluate and solve problems of a technical, organizational and administrative nature
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience evaluating and negotiating contractor and vendor bids
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations for licensed broadcast facilities
- A valid driver's license, a satisfactory motor vehicle record and the ability to drive for the station
- Ability to bend, crouch, stoop, climb and lift up to 30 pounds frequently
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering, information technology or related field or the equivalent
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!